Setting up Business in Australia; Workplace laws and Labour fundamentals
1 November 2015
9:30am to 5.00pm Perth
Bartlett Workplace are the ‘one stop shop’ for new businesses setting up. We offer a workshop for new businesses setting up in Australia (whether head- quartered overseas or in Australia). The workshop is focussed on what new businesses need to be aware of regarding employment law compliance and practically what they should do to set up the best and most productive environment for their business. The workshop covers areas such as:
- Employee v Contractor options;
- Types of employment and key provisions to cover in employment contracts for legal compliance and to maximise flexibility/productivity;
- Minimum entitlements under the Fair Work Act 2009 including the National Employment Standards;
- Award coverage and minimum award entitlements applicable;
- Laws relevant to hiring new employees such as discrimination laws and unfair dismissal laws;
- Pre-employment checks. What is legal and what is not?
- Managing Performance and Conduct – best practice model;
- What policies, procedures and guidelines do you need?
- Dealing with investigations and unions in Australia?
In addition, Bartlett Workplace has an experienced group of advisors who can advise on all of these topics from both a legal and HR perspective. Bartlett Workplace also has experienced HR and IR practitioners we can provide on a contract basis to assist you set up.