Workplace Investigations Training
28 January 2016
9:30am to 5.00pm Melbourne
Conducting a successful investigation is a challenging and often difficult task for any investigator. In this seminar, you'll learn more about your legal obligations in a very practical workshop environment and ensure the way you investigate allegations of misconduct help, not hinders, you in working toward the commercial objectives of your business.
Benefits of attending:
- gain a full understanding of how to plan a serious misconduct investigation and obtain as much information as possible from employees;
- participate in practical exercises, including audio recording, drafting witness statements and preparing investigation reports;
- understand and manage the legal and human resources risks associated with investigating allegations of serious misconduct;
- appreciate what can go wrong when interviewing employees and what you can do to remain in control of the interview;
- understand the interplay between conduct management and safety/bullying investigations; and
- understand the different sanctions that can be imposed after a finding of serious misconduct.
The training provides attendees with practical documents designed to assist investigating officers. These include an Investigating Officers interview checklist and field manual.
- For our customised training we will development of a simple and easy to follow flowchart accompanied with plain English guidelines for the Decision Makers and Investigators involved in serious misconduct investigations; and
- Delivery of training to the a) Decision Makers and b) Investigators tailored for their role in a serious misconduct process